Go and Do.

Since the Latter-Day Voices retreat that happened last weekend I've been thinking a lot about what we talk about. The weird thing was that some of it was nothing really new! We talked about the word Amen and how it means Firm and True and when we say it we are telling our Heavenly Father during our prayers that we will be Firm and True until the next time we are on our knees talking to him again. It hit me hard the way it usually does... reminding me that I need to be constantly striving to always be my best and to let go of the things holding me back from waxing stronger and being as firm as i can be... 

But then something weird happened

I went out with my friend from Latter-Day Voices on friday night and he said something that made me think.... a lot! Typical Kim-Is-Geeking-Out-About-Something-Church-Related thoughts and craziness. ANYWHO. He said (and not exact words because i'm horrible at that lately) That when he thinks of Amen he thinks of something his mission president said about going and doing what you're praying about. He worded it like this:"Say Amen, you're firm and true. Now go and do!" For some reason that really hit me. 

It's not just about praying for change, but about getting up off your knees and making things happen. I wrote in my revelation notebook recently: "waxing strong isn't just a one time decision.. it's a daily thing! treat it as such!" And I think it goes hand in hand with prayer...

My revelation notebook is full of little tidbits like that... and i just felt like sharing. yay for sabbath blogging.

Comments

Popular Posts