Things that I no longer believe.

I was thinking about all the things I would tell myself that could cause me to change what I was thinking or how I was feeling.... so I decided to make a list :)

Things that I no longer believe. 
  • "My family is messed up"-- My family is not messed up, my family is unique. We have our struggles and our super intense personalities but in the end, we're a family. We love each other, we just go about it a different way than most other people. 



  • "My body hates me." -- My body doesn't hate me. I put hate into my body. I bottled all my feelings up until the only way that it could be released if through random inexplicable pain and sickness. My body isn't fighting me, it's fighting back. 

  • "I will never fit in out here." -- I moved out to Utah and was told time and time again how different I am and how my personality doesn't mesh. Boy, that is not true. I have found some of the truest of friends and people who can let me be 100% me with no objections or judgements. Yeah it took me a little while to feel comfortable to be around people without feeling judged, but in the end... I am 100% happy. 

  • "I'm not an easy person to love." -- I think I've told this to every person that I've ever dated. Honestly, it's not all that true. I'm an easy person to love, but it's hard for me to love. That vulnerability that has gotten me so many times is my least favorite thing in the world. When I love someone, I love with all my heart, but it's the allowing myself to have feelings for them that really is hard for me. 







  • "I will never be as talented as [insert name here]" -- No one needs to compare talent, because all our talents are unique. My voice will never sound like someone else's, and my worth will never be any less.




Comments

Popular Posts